Call all your girlfriends and start planning your trip to Madison. Located on the Ohio River between Cincinnati, Ohio and Louisville, Kentucky and just a short hop from Indy, Madison is the ideal spot for a girlfriends getaway. A gorgeous setting, fun specialty shopping, yummy food and some quality time with friends will make everything right with your world. And a great cocktail or glass of wine couldn’t hurt.
Grab a couple of girlfriends, pile into the car and let the fun begin.
- Pick a B&B and let the innkeepers pamper YOU or take over an entire Guest House and do your own thing.
- Have a quiet evening meal at one of our fine restaurants and if you feel the need, cut loose at one of our night spots. You can find live music every evening of the week.
- Want a glimpse into the lives of the rich and famous of 1850? Visit the Lanier Mansion State Historic Site. Envision yourself as the lady of the manor with a stroll through the formal gardens overlooking the river.
- Nothing is better than a little “shopping therapy” in Madison’s historic downtown shopping district. There are all sorts of specialty shops from which to choose.
- Shopping bags full? How about lunch at one of our cafes – our downtown district is full of great places to eat.
- Try a wine tasting at one of our 3 award winning wineries. Each one is different, try them all and find your favorite.
- Eat too many handmade chocolates or treats downtown? Take a stroll along Madison’s beautiful riverfront or if you really went overboard, hike the Heritage Trail.
Now that you’ve had too much fun and feeling guilty about not including your significant other and/or family, feel free to plan another trip to Madison for a romantic getaway or family time.