Everyone is busy getting ready for Madison Regatta, on the riverfront, June 30-July 2nd. Madison Regatta is in its 67th year of hosting sanctioned boat races and over a 100 years of boat racing history in the city of Madison. These are the fastest boats in the world and the city of Madison owns the only city owned hydroplane in the world. They are on all volunteer organization that comes together to put on a show that is one of kind and can be enjoyed by everybody.
Regatta is 3 days of fun along the river. It’s not just boat races, there are air shows, live music, fireworks, parade, waterball fight and vendors with great food and unique products. There is something here for the entire family.
For you race fans, click here for the race schedule.
For the rest of you…the parade is on Main Street, Friday, June 30th beginning at 7:15pm. The Annual Firecracker 10K Walk/Run gets started at 6:30am at Madison Consolidated High School. The Fireworks Spectacular is scheduled for Saturday, July 1 at approximately 10pm.
For Music On The River events Wednesday, Thursday and Friday night, a special $5.00 vintage button sold that night (good for that specific night only) or a Regatta admission wristband is required. Saturday night music and fireworks are free. Bands subject to change and weather permitting.
- Sunday – June 25th Kick Off Party 12pm-7pm Sponsored by Evergreen Lawn Care and Tandy’s Campground
- Monday – Beauty Pageant Sponsored by Blush on Main
- Tuesday – Madison Fire Department Waterball Fight Sponsored by RKO Enterprise
- Wednesday – Music on the River Sponsored by WORX 96.7 FM / WXGO 1270 AM, Arvin Sango, Big O Tires, and Northside Liquors
- Thursday – Music on the River Sponsored by Radio 96.3 WJAA, Arvin Sango, Big O Tires, and Northside Liquors
- Friday– H1 Unlimited and GPW Testing, Parade on Main Steet , Music on the River Sponsored by Radio Froggy 95.9 FM, Arvin Sango, Big O Tires, and Northside Liquors
- Saturday – H1 Unlimited and GPW Qualifying and Racing, 10 p.m. Fireworks Sponsored by American Legion Post #9 and City of Madison, Music on the River Sponsored by WORX 96.7 FM / WXGO 1270 AM, Arvin Sango, Big O Tires, and Northside Liquors
- Sunday – H1 Unlimited and GPW Racing