March 16, 2020 – 9:15 a.m.
Visit Madison strives to make sure every visitor experience in Madison is the best it can be by providing up-to-date information. The safety of our visitors, residents, and staff is our highest priority. As of today, business is open in Madison. However, we always want you to have the resources you need to make informed travel decisions when it comes to COVID-19 (or coronavirus).
We urge all travelers to take protective measures against COVID-19:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water
- Do not touch your mouth, nose, and eyes with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with those who are sick, and avoid public places if you develop respiratory illness symptoms like fever and cough
- Finally, remember that viruses don’t discriminate. The coronavirus does not target people from specific populations, ethnicities or racial backgrounds.
For more traveler information and prevention tips, we encourage you to seek the most current information from the following sources:
- Indiana State Department of Health
- Indiana State Government
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: Traveler’s Health
- City of Madison, Indiana
- Visit Indiana (Indiana Office of Tourism Development)