Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) this site is closed until further notice.
Newly rehabilitated and award-winning. Built in 1846-1849 for Captain Charles L. Shrewsbury, his wife Ellen and their children. Designed by Francis Costigan Indiana’s most celebrated pre-Civil War architect and master builder. One of the most important historic homes in the US. Designated a National Historic Landmark (NHL) in 1994 by the US Secretary of the Interior – one of only 2,500 in the US. Owned and operated by Historic Madison, Inc.
By appointment only to groups of 10 or more.
2 week advance registration required.
$8.00 per person
Weekend rate: $10 per person
Children and students free.
Address: 301 W. First St.