Break out your holiday lights, inflatables, and outdoor decorations because we are gearing up to Make Madison Merry! Visit Madison, Inc. wants to bring some holiday cheer to Jefferson County this year by organizing a home decorating contest as well as creating a digital Merry Madison Map to make it easy for families to find holiday lights!
- Participation is open to all residents in Jefferson County, Indiana.
- Entry is free, no cost or fees participate.
- Registration must be received no later than 5pm on Friday, November 27, 2020. Register at bottom.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from outside the residence only and based on “curb appeal” (what can be seen from the street).
- Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated during evening hours (approximately 6pm-10pm) from December 1st to December 31st.
- Judging will take place from December 7-December 12. Entries will be judged and winners chosen on the following categories: Clark Griswold Award (best use of excessive lights and decorations), Most Creative (outstanding artistic ability and/or unique use of decorations), and People’s Choice Award (awarded to the entry with the most “likes” on its photograph when posted in a Facebook album during the judging window.
- Pictures must be submitted by participants to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before December 6 at 5pm to be considered for the People’s Choice Award. Please include your name and address in the subject line.
- Three $200 prizes will be awarded, one for each category. Prizes will be in the form of Chamber Cash to be used at participating community businesses. You can find more information on how Chamber Cash works here: https://app.yiftee.com/gift-card/madison-chamber-cash
Dates to Note:
November 13: Registration applications available online and at the Visitor’s Center. Registration is required for participation in both the map and decorating contest.
November 27 @ 5PM: Registration closes
December 1: Decoration Deadline
December 7-12: Judging Occurs
December 14: Winners for each category announced