During this unprecedented event, it is our mission to keep our residents and visitors informed and focus on the health and safety of all those who live or travel to Madison and the Jefferson County area.
During this uncertain time, we know one thing – we appreciate all of you; many of whom are our repeat visitors, our family, who have been coming to our destination for years.
While we understand that this may impact travel plans, we want to keep you updated with the steps we are taking to keep your health and safety a priority and remind everyone to travel responsibly. For the most up to date COVID-19 information, please refer to the Indiana State Department of Health website here or the City of Madison website here.
In efforts to mitigate growing health concerns, the State of Indiana has closed all restaurant dining facilities, bars, and indoor recreational areas. Local restaurants are still providing delivery options and curbside pickup so be sure to order your favorite Madison dish – we have an updated list here.
We encourage you to enjoy our abundance of natural resources, support of local businesses and enjoy videos and virtual tours about local attractions. Social distancing? Madison and Jefferson County has you covered with a list of indoor activities, and outdoor recreation–but keep in mind to stay at least 6 feet away from other people. Questions about the Indiana Stay-At-Home order, see the FAQs.
- Grab your furry friend, pack a picnic lunch and hit a trail or Clifty Falls State Park and enjoy the calm disconnectedness that only our outdoors can offer you.
- If you’re in downtown Madison feel free to take a safe distance scenic walk down the riverfront.
- Consider purchasing a gift card for a future trip to support our local businesses now when they need it the most, see our specialty shops here.
- Stay stocked with local brews from Mad Paddle Brewery and New Madison Brewing Company.
- Prefer wine? Check out our three award-winning wineries in town, Lanthier Winery, Madison Vineyards Estate Winery, and Thomas Family Winery.
- Watch a destination video highlighting the different offerings in Madison and Jefferson County, here.
- Take to the green and practice social distancing while golfing in Madison, parks are implementing Park & Play.
- Keep in touch with us by using our hashtag, #VisitMadisonIN for your social media posts and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Download the free GPS tour app PocketSights and take a virtual tour exploring our Historic downtown on the Madison Treasures Tour, search Madison, IN, USA.
- Get your free Experience Madison, Indiana guide. Your go-to reference for all things Madison! Read an online version here or click here to order one by mail.
To protect yourself and others, please take the following precautions as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- Wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoid sharing food and drinks;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or into your elbow; and
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
During this time, our hearts and thoughts are with those who have been affected by this. We send our deep appreciation to those in our community, the healthcare industry and first responders who are working on the front lines to mitigate the spread and impact of this virus. Our community and its people are resilient; we will persevere through this and are optimistic about the future.
We thank you for considering Historic Madison and look forward to welcoming you. See y’all soon!