Due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) this site is currently closed.
Visit America’s only restored 19th century saddletree factory. Tours, demonstrations, and exhibits show how the Schroeder family made saddle frames, clothespins and other products. Owned and operated by Historic Madison, Inc.
Open late-Apr through Oct (Beginning 10/27 this site will be closed for the season)
Apr 24 – Oct 26, 2020 | Fri.-Mon 1pm-4:30pm
60th Anniversary Year Offer – FREE ADMISSION to Walk-In Visitors, thru 2020 Open Season.
(Normal Admission: Adults $5:00, combo ticket $8.00(2 for 1), children and students free)
For groups of 10 or more, museums are open year round. Minimum 2 week advance registration required.
Please note that this site is CLOSED during the following dates:
- Mother’s Day – Sunday, May 10th
- Madison River Jam – June 13th (open 12th, 14th & 15th)
- Father’s Day – Sunday, June 21st
- Madison Regatta – July 3rd – 5th (open 6th)
- Madison Ribberfest – August 21st & 22nd (open 23rd & 24th)
- Madison Chautauqua – September 26th & 27th (open 25th & 28th)
Occasionally this site will not be open to the public during selected tour hours to accommodate pre-scheduled group tours. Please call ahead.
Address: 106 Milton St.