Come on, be honest, who doesn’t like free things to do? So, I thought I’d clue you in on some of our favorite free things to do in June and beyond.
Here are some of the things that happen every month:
- Bluegrass Music at 6pm at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds – the first Saturday of every month.
- Kids’ Fourth Monday Storytime at Village Lights Bookstore at 11am.
- Madison Main Street’s Music in the Park from 7-9pm at the Broadway Fountain – the second Friday of the month, now through September.
- Throughout the summer, there’s Mayor’s Movie Night at Bicentennial Park at dusk. Family movies and fun. Currently scheduled for July 2, July 27, and August 23.
- Madison Main Street’s Art Jam from 5-8pm in Madison beautiful downtown – the fourth Friday of each month.
Clifty Falls State Park has Turtlemania Day, June 8. Haven’t seen the schedule but I understand that there are all things turtle programs scheduled. While the programs are free, park admission is required. Click here for the full June schedule.and more FREE STUFF
Stop at the Madison Visitors Center at 601 West First St and ask for our Kids’ Activity Booklet and take the kids on a scavenger hunt around Madison. Fun and educational.
Village Lights Bookstore has a variety of free activities every month; author signings & readings, live music and more.
Look at all this free stuff and that doesn’t even count the parks and playgrounds. Don’t forget The Celebrate the Slide Bridge Party, July 27 at 5pm. Free fun and family activities.